Monday, August 30, 2010

Pillow Cases

I made some cute pillow case dresses for the girls out of my favorite sheet set. I just laid a dress they have onto the pillow case and traced it with fabric marker, then added 3/4 " to each line and cut away! That may seem like a big seam allowance, but then I have enough room for a French seam.

I loved these sheets, but it has been washed a few too many times and no longer fits the bed. The good news is - the girls get these way cute dresses that will be easily turned into tunics come fall and winter and I have a whole sheet set to make into something for me!
I was really excited to test out the elastic thread I used for the shirring at the bust-line. It was so easy! I didn't have any problems, even on my cheap-o sewing maching.

These were queen sized pillow cases and if I do this again, I'd do it with king sized ones. I didn't have enough fabric to double roll the hem or the sleeve & neck openings. Even still, these were a quick project and super cute!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Elaine! I found you through Feedjit and I love your blog and especially those dresses! I just found elastic thread this summer and I love it! We need to craft together sometime and let the girls play.

    ReplyDelete