Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Holiday Preview Part 1

I can't figure out what it is, but I am addicted to making these toddler aprons! When the sewing machine is calling my name, but I'm not quite sure what to make, I always pull out this pattern.

This time I was testing out how a single pocket would look. I do not know the correct way to fashion a patch pocket, so I just made it up and attached it to the green flower print. It looked ok, but I thought the stitching and quality was not quite good enough to be sold. So, I got out the Reader's Digest sewing book and made the pocket on the blue apron the "correct" way. I must say, it turned out significantly better. Maybe next time I'll just start by reading the instructions...

Just another look at the fabrics. I really liked the gray and blue. I think they will be really fun to have around for the Holiday sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment