Monday, August 16, 2010

Oh, So Busy!

Gee whiz! I can't believe its been so long since I posted! With busy toddlers and a husband and 4 year old about to start school, it has been crazy! In my spare time (about 10 pm and later) I have just been sewing. Its seems that the sewing machine, and my fabric stash, are constantly calling my name. I'm afraid I have no photographs to share of finished products, instead there are just a lot of pattern folders, cut fabric and notions in my sewing basket.

I'm hoping to finish all the projects I have cut out by the end of next week so that my machine can be serviced before I being all the holiday sewing. We'll see how that goes...

The world of food has us eating a lot of Mango Slaw and Bruschetta. Yum! Since there are few true recipes for Bruschetta, I will share how we make ours.

8 roma tomatoes, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1 T. olive oil
1 handful fresh basil leaves, torn or finely chopped
salt & pepper
crusty bread to serve

In a large bowl mix tomatoes, garlic, basil and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Slice bread and lightly brush with olive oil; grill or broil to desired crispness. You may also rub the bread with a cut piece of garlic before grilling, if desired.

Notes: Taste a lot - not just because it is delicious, but depending upon your taste and ingredients, you may need to increase or reduce some ingredients - especially the garlic or basil. This may smell quite garlic-y (our whole fridge does, even when sealed in Ziplock bags), but the mixture itself is fine. If you have any left over, it is especially delicious the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment