Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Jam & Geneology

Spent the weekend with my sister and some aunts, pouring through suitcases full of old photographs, letters and pedigree charts. These handsome folks are my Great-Great-Grandfather, Charles and his lovely wife, Edith; the picture is circa 1900 (awesome!). The smaller picture is their two children, Gerrit and Virginia, circa 1920. How cool are those? I am totally enamored with them. It is so amazing to learn about your family - don't know much about your family history? Call a relative! Or check out FamilySearch - its free.

And amidst all this we squeezed in some time to make some apricot jam, of course.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as we did ours!

2 comments:

  1. cool pictures! I just framed Anderson's uncles picture. (He was killed in ww2) I've fallen in love with knowing about Anderson's ancestry that eventually I would love to go to Japan and get some Geneology and Temple work done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog, you are so cute and creative!!

    ReplyDelete