Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thrifting & Basil

Oh, how I love thrifting! I found these awesome patterns for 50 cents! This same day I also got a knee length wool coat (fully lined), wool cardigan, 3 dresses for the girls, an old suitcase, a number of sweet, Little Golden Books from the 60's and 2 vintage records - one of which was My Fair Lady! And, this is the best part, I only spent $50!

I love the hair styles on these patterns. Wish it would come back in style.

And, on a completely unrelated note, I had to share a picture of the last of the basil. It has been keeping the window company for the last week or so. Although I enjoy fall and the beautiful changing of the leaves, I also feel nostalgic for the warmth of summer. Sitting on the lawn with our neighbors, watching the kids run around and just enjoying time. Which seems to be so much more available during the summer months, even though we are no less busy.


Basil represents so much of summer's smell and taste. And tomatoes, too, but ours were not very happy this year, and the few tomatoes we did get, the girls plucked them off long before they were ripe. So, without further adieu, wishing you and yours a very festive autumn season!

No comments:

Post a Comment